About Me – Career Achievements
Dr Samke Nyamathe is a General Medical Practitioner.
- Undergraduate studies: MBChB (University of Cape Town)
- Diploma in Public Health (UNISA)
- Masters in Maternal and Child Health Candidate (University of the Witswatersrand)
- Clinical Management of Mental Health (Foundation of Professional Development)
- Basic Life Support and Acute Cardiac Life Support (Resuscitation Council of South Africa)
- Internship and Community Service training - Far East Rand Hospital and South Rand Hospital, Johannesburg.
- Emergency unit - South Rand Hospital
- General Practitioner - Johannesburg and Cape Town
- Grow Great Campaign - Flourish Antenatal Classes, Johannesburg South
- Hope Cape Town - NGO with focus on paediatric HIV and paediatric neurodevelopment.
- Online consultation - Integrated Virtual Care and Healthforce
- The experiences of cross-border migrant women in accessing antenatal care in Johannesburg south (Municipal Region F)
Hope Cape Town Descriptive Study
- Risk of HIV infection in young peripartum women (15 – 24 years) at Tygerberg Hospital.
- Presented for conference at the International Workshop on HIV & Adolescence 2020
Department of Global Surgery – University of Stellenbosch (Research Assistant)
- Equitable access to quality trauma systems in Lower- and Middle-Income Countries. Assessing gaps and developing priorities
Currently working for the Desmond Tutu TB Centre as a research medical officer